Citrus Rainbow – Earrings
Finished Length Approx. 2 ½” Drop * Can be made to length of your choice.
- 4-5mm Potato, Freshwater Pearls Ivory White (6)
- 4mm Polymer Clay Slices, Pink, Yellow, Orange, Lime (approx. 22 slices)
- 4mm Round 20g Jump Ring, Open, Gold Plated (2)
- 2mm Rolo Chain, Gold Plated (approx. 8”)
- Ball End Headpin Gold Plated (6)
- Flat Ear Wire with Coil 14K Gold Filled (1 Pair) or Gold Plated Ear Wires
Needle Nose Pliers (also known as chain nose)
A1 = 4mm Polymer Clay Slices B1 = Freshwater Pearls, 4-5mm Potato Pearls D = Smiley Faces – 10-5mm D1 = Smiley Faces - 7 x 4mm
Instructions on Construction:
1. Start by cutting chain into six sections (this will do both earrings) 2 x 1 10/16”, 2 x 1 3/16”, 2 x 12/16”.
2. Take head pin and thread on B1 (1), A1 (5) and using your needle nose and round nose pliers create a small loop you will now thread onto last link in longest chain and then wrap wire, trim, and tamp in pointy ends. * Repeat with second earring.
3. Take head pin and thread on B1 (1), A1 (3) make loop and attach to the end of middle chain and then wrap wire, trim, and tamp in ends. * Repeat with second earring.
4. Take head pin and thread on B1 (1), A1 (3) and create loop that you will thread onto shortest chain and then finish as before. * Repeat with second earring.
5. Using flat nose and needle nose pliers open jump ring and thread into top link on each of the three chains, keeping order smallest to largest. Close the jump ring being careful that the sides come together and there are no gaps. *Repeat
6. Open the loop on ear wires and thread the closed jump ring onto ear wire, close carefully. * Repeat.
7. You are now ready to try on your new earrings & admire your handiwork. Enjoy!
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman at magpiecollectives.com