Citrus Rainbow, Pearl & Chain – Choker
Choker - Finished Length 14 ½ – 17” * Or your chosen length.
- 8-9mm Freshwater Pearls, Ivory/White (26)
- 6mm Fimo Polymer Clay Slices, Pink, Yellow, Orange, Lime (1 Strand)
- 10x5mm Smiley Face Transparent Mix (4)
- 6mm Fire Polish, Neon Lime (1 Strand)
- 6x5mm Oval Cable Chain, Gold Plated Chain (Approx. 18”)
- 12x7mm Trigger Clasp – Gold Plated (1)
- Soft Touch Beading Wire – Satin Silver, Medium (19”) *Or make to your desired length.
- 2x2mm Crimps Gold Filled (2)
- 4mm Crimp Cover Gold Plated (2)
- Ball End Headpin GP Brass, Non-tarnish/water resist coating (1)
Bead Stop (2)
A = 6mm Polymer Clay Slices B = Freshwater Pearls C = Fire Polish, Lime D = Smiley Faces
Instructions on Construction:
1. Using cutter cut the chain into a 15” section and a 3” section (for second strand of necklace & extension chain).
2. Using flex wire cutter cut a 19” section of beading wire & attach a bead stop approx. 3” from end of wire.
3. Stringing is as follows: “C (1), A (5 slices), D (1) Yellow, A (15), C (1), A (10), D (1) Light Pink * Make sure all smiley faces are heads up!, A (15), C (1), A (10), D (1), D (1) Orange, A (15), C (1), A (10), D (1) Dark Pink, A (5), B (26). Place a bead stop on second side of wire.
4. * Now is the time to double check for size: If you want to shorten, remove an equal amount/length from either side, if you want to make longer you can either add a few beads to both sides or add extra length in your extender chain.
5. Before attaching clasp thread bead wire through last link in 15” section of chain.
6. Attaching clasp: Take your beading wire (from brightly beaded side) thread on crimp tube and attach directly to loop on trigger clasp. Make a flat crimp using your needle nose pliers and then add a 4mm crimp cover. *Keep your wires parallel when crimping for a more secure attachment, then give a test pull on your wire to make sure you have closed hard enough on the crimp.
7. Remove bead stop from second end of wire, thread into last link on other end of long chain then thread on a crimp tube and thread through last link in the extension chain, then back through crimp tube. Before closing crimp do the following:
8. Lay your necklace on your bead mat in a circle to make sure you leave enough slack in the wire.
9. You are now ready to crimp your necklace and add the second crimp cover.
10. Take head pin and add B (1) * or smaller sized pearl if you bought them for the other parts of this set, A (3) now using needle nose and round nose pliers wire wrap this to the last link in the extension chain, trim and tamp in pointy end.
11. You are now ready to try on choker and to admire your handy work.
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman at magpiecollectives.com