“Early Morning Glow” - Diamond Drop Earrings
- 8mm Round Alashan Agate – (2 beads)
- 4mm Flower Disc – Brushed Gold Color, Plated Anti Tarnish – (16 Discs)
- 20mm Open Square - Brushed Gold Color, Plated Anti Tarnish (2)
- Ball End Headpins (4)
Approx. Length: 2” from loop on ear wire
Key Code: A = 8mm Rd Alashan Agate B = 4mm Flower Disc – Brushed Gold
Instructions on Construction:
1. You will work on both earrings at the same time as this helps in sizing. Start by taking a sharpie and drawing a line across both prongs on your round nose pliers, close to the pointy ends. This will give you an accurate place to line up your wire every time you make a loop. * Remember you can alter the placement of your ink mark depending on whether you want larger or smaller loops.
2. To make the bottom section of earring: Take headpin and thread on B (1), A (1) then using needle nose and round nose pliers make a small loop then wrap wire & trim. * Repeat with the second earring.
3. To make middle section of earring: Take a headpin and cut off the ball end then make a small loop, thread this onto the loop on the bottom section that you have just made, then complete one full turn wrap but DO NOT trim. Thread on B (7), make a larger loop that you can thread onto the open square & wrap one full turn. You can now wrap half turn at a time, on alternate ends, until you fill in space, trim and tamp in pointy end if needed. * Repeat with the second earring.
4. To make top section of earrings: Using flat nose pliers carefully open loop on ear wire then thread onto top of open square, then close carefully making sure that loop is securely closed. * Repeat with second earring.
5. Now it is time to try on the earrings & admire your handywork.
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman at magpiecollectives.com