Falling Leaf Bracelet
- 2mm Faceted Round Zircon Crystal, Multi Color (18) *
- 2mm Faceted Round Zircon Crystal, Olive (66) * The two strands listed of Zircon Crystal will be enough to complete necklace, bracelet & earrings
- Amoracast – Open Leaf, Vermeille (1)
- 3x4mm 14k Gold Filled Chain (1”) * Approx. 8 links
- 2” Long 24g, 14k Gold Filled Head Pins (3)
- 3.5x5.3mm Oval 22g, 14k Gold Filled Jump Rings (2)
- Optional: 5mm 14k, 22g Gold Fill Closed Jump Ring (1)
- 4x10mm Lobster Clasp, Gold Filled (1) * Or clasp of your choice
- Soft Touch Beading Wire, Fine, Satin Silver Coat (10”)
- 2x2mm Crimps, 14k Gold Filled (2)
Length 6.5 - 7.5” (with extension chain)
Flex Wire Cutter (for cutting beading wire)
Optional: Triangular Scoop * Useful for separating small beads
Key Code for Beads: A = Olive Zircon B = Multi Zircon (use the orange, amber and yellow colors for this design)
Instructions on Construction:
1. Using your wire cutters cut a 1” section of chain.
2. Make dangles to go on end of extension chain: Take headpin and thread B (2), using needle and round nose pliers make small wire wrapped loop, trim and tamp end. * Repeat these steps and make a second dangle, just vary the color of the beads. Take a headpin and thread B (3) (again varying the color) and finish as before.
3. Using flat nose and needle nose pliers open oval jump ring and thread on the three dangles, making sure that the longer dangle is centered, add this jump ring to one end of the chain. Make sure that the jump ring is securely closed.
4. Thread crimp tube onto beading wire and attach to second side of chain, I used crimp tool and made a folded crimp for this bracelet (the same as in necklace) but if you prefer you can flat crimp and add a crimp cover. * Remember to keep wires parallel when you crimp as this will make finished project more secure.
5. Threading sequence is as follows: A (11), B (1), A (11), B (1), A (11) B (7) * The underlined is the mid-section of necklace and the second side is a mirror image of the first side.
6. Thread on crimp tube and attach to the closed jump ring, in the same way as you attached at beginning of bracelet. * I used the closed jump ring for added security.
7. Attach the lobster clasp to the closed jump ring, using flat nose & needle nose pliers to open and close jump ring (gold-filled clasps come with attached jump ring) make sure that the jump ring closes all the way.
8. Take an oval jump ring and thread on the open leaf charm, attach it to the bracelet at the center-point then close carefully.
9. You are now ready to try on your bracelet & to admire your handiwork.
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman