Frosty the Swarovski Snowman
These fun little guys are perfect to make as gifts for the holidays, who would not smile with Frosty dancing on their ears! There are two different seed bead choices listed below for the scarf, read the names for an instant feeling of nostalgia, but of course you can pick whatever color is appealing to you.
- 8mm Swarovski Pearls (2)
- 6mm Swarovski Pearls (2)
- Frosty Top Hat Ear Wires Sterling Silver (1 pair) (or 14K Gold)
- 2” Long 24g, 14k Head Pins Sterling Silver (4)
- Size 11 Czech Seed Beads # 1176 Deck the Halls or Size 11 Czech Glass Seed Beads # 1028 Winter Wonderland
Drop Length approx. 1.25”
Key Code for Beads: S8 = 8mm Swarovski Pearl S6 = 6mm Swarovski Pearl
Instructions on Construction:
1. Start by taking a sharpie and drawing a line across both prongs on your round nose pliers, close to the pointy ends. This will give you an accurate place to line up your wire every time you make a loop for the wire wrap dangles. * Remember you can alter the placement of your ink mark depending on whether you want larger or smaller loops. With these earrings you want a small loop so that the top hat sits close to the snowman head.
2. Take a headpin and thread S8 (1), S6 (1) then make the smallest neck followed by a small loop, complete wire wrap trying to go for 2 wraps * Repeat with the second earring.
3. The next step is to make the scarf for Frosty, so take a headpin and cut off the end cap. Using needle nose pliers (or the very end point of round nose pliers) make a tiny fold back at end of wire, looks a tiny pear shape. Thread your seed beads, making the scarf your desired length (18-20 beads seemed about the right number) and then make a fold back on second end of wire (just like you started with). * Remember to leave a little slack in the wire as this will need to wrap around the neck area on Frosty!
4. You are now ready to dress your snowman, you can give him a little swag and character and wear his scarf as you see fit. * Repeat for second earring.
5. The loop created above the snowman head will thread onto the earring and Frosty is ready to dance below his hat! * Repeat for second earring.
6. Now it is time to try on the earrings & admire your handiwork.
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman at magpiecollectives.com