Rainbow Pearl Necklace
- Freshwater Pearls 6x4mm Rice (a little less than one strand - 51 used)
- Size 8 Miyuki Seed Beads - Opaque Mix - (50 total - 5 Maroon, 5 Red, 5 Dark Orange, 5 Light Orange, 5 Yellow, 5 Light Green, 5 Dark Green, 5 light Blue, 5 Medium Blue, 5 Dark Blue)
- Extreme Flex - 24K Gold - Medium (22)
- Gold Filled 2x2 Crimps (2)
- Gold Filled 3mm Crimp Cover (2)
- Gold Filled 4x10mm Lobster Clasp (1)
- 14K Gold Filled 4mm Round 22 Gauge CLOSED Jump Rings (2)
Finished Length 17”
Instructions on Construction:
1. Cut a 22” section of beading wire using your soft flex cutter, thread on crimp tube, attach to 4mm closed jump ring & then back through crimp tube. I used the two-part folded crimp method with this design, cut excess extreme flex, then covered with the 3mm crimp cover. Gently close crimp cover with your needle nose pliers.
***Please note whichever way you choose to crimp, keep your wires parallel when crimping, this makes for a more secure attachment & it’s also wise to give a test pull on your wire to make sure you have secured the crimp :)
2. Pick out five of each color you will be using. *There are some similar shades in this tube of seed beads so if you compare them before stringing, you will avoid adding a darker or lighter color than you want.
3. The bead sequence on this necklace is as follows: Pearl - Maroon - Pearl - Red - Pearl - Dark Orange - Pearl - Light Orange - Pearl - Yellow - Pearl - Light Green - Pearl - Dark Green - Pearl - Light Blue - Pearl - Medium Blue - Pearl - Dark Blue - Pearl. Repeat pattern 4 times till you get to about 17 inches.
*You can continue with the pattern if you would like to make it longer
4. Add your crimp tube & thread the beading wire through the other 4mm closed jump ring.
5. At this stage lay the necklace on your worktop in a circle & make sure you leave enough slack in the wire so that your beads have enough room to sit nicely. It is important to leave this slack because if you crimp your wire too tightly the necklace will be rigid with no flow & there is a strong chance that the beading wire may break!
5. Close the crimp using the two-part folded method, cut excess extreme flex, and add crimp cover.
6. With the jumpring that is connected to the lobster clasp, attach the clasp to one of the 4mm closed jumprings at the end of the necklace.
6. Done! :)
Jewelry designed by Kiara Thompson