Rainbow Smiles Flower Disc Collection – Choker Necklace
Choker - Finished Length 14 – 16” * Or your chosen length.
Materials Needed for Choker:
- 4mm Fimo Polymer Clay Flower Disc Bead (1 Strand)
- 15mm Enamel Smiley Pendant, Yellow (1)
- 6x5mm Oval Cable Chain, Gold Plated Chain (Approx. 3”) * For extension chain.
- 12x7mm Trigger Clasp – Gold Plated (1)
- Soft Touch Beading Wire – Satin Silver, Medium (19”) *Or make to your desired length.
- 2x2mm Crimps, Gold Filled (2)
- 4mm Crimp Covers, Gold Plated (2)
- 2” 20g Headpin Gold Plated (1)
Bead Stop (2)
A = 4mm Flower Discs B = Smiley Pendant
Instructions on Construction:
1. Cut 19” section of beading wire & attach a bead stop approx. 3” from end of wire.
2. Stringing is as follows: A (approx. 6 ¾”), B (1), A (approx. 6 ¾”) place a bead stop on second side of wire.
3. * Now is the time to double check for size: If you want to shorten, remove an equal amount/length from either side, if you want to make longer you can either add a few beads to both sides or add extra length in your extender chain.
4. If you are right-handed, you will attach the clasp to the right side of choker with smiley facing out. To attach clasp thread on crimp tube and attach to loop on trigger clasp. Flat crimp with needle nose pliers and then attach crimp cover closing carefully.
Keep your wires parallel when crimping (this gives a more secure attachment) and then give a test pull on your wire to make sure you have closed hard enough on the crimp.
5. Remove bead stop from second end of wire, thread into last link in the extension chain, then back through crimp tube. * Before closing crimp do the following:
6. Lay your necklace on your bead mat in a circle to make sure you leave enough slack in the wire.
7. You are now ready to crimp your necklace and add the second crimp cover.
8. Take head pin and add A (7 slices) and now using needle nose and round nose pliers wire wrap this to the last link in the extension chain, trim and tamp in pointy end.
9. You are now ready to try on choker and to admire your handy work. Enjoy!
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman at magpiecollectives.com