Rainbow Smiles Flower Disc – Earrings
Length Approx. 2” * Or your chosen length.
- 4mm Fimo Polymer Clay Flower Disc Bead (approx. 20 slices) * Or custom fit
- 15mm Enamel Smiley Pendant, Pink (2)
- 2” 20g Headpins, Gold Plated (2) * Option use 20 or 22g gold craft wire, as you will be removing the heads.
- Ear Wires with Spring & Bead, Gold Plated (1 pair) * Come in packs with 6 pairs.
Needle Nose Pliers (also known as chain nose)
A = 4mm Flower Disc Beads B = Smiley Pendant
Instructions on Construction:
1. Using flat nose and needle nose pliers undo and remove jump ring that comes attached to the smiley.
2. Cut flat end plate from head pin and then using your needle nose and round nose pliers create a small loop that you will thread into loop at top of smiley, wrap wire once. * Do not complete wrap, as you will be working on second wire wrap (other side off flower discs) at same time to get the same number of wraps.
3. Thread A (10) then create your second small loop and wrap wire once. You will now wrap wire on alternate ends a half wrap at a time until the space is filled between coils and discs. * If you are wrapping a bar section this is a great way to get an equal number of wraps on each side.
4. Trim and tamp in wire on both ends. * Repeat with second earring.
5. Using flat or needle nose pliers carefully undo loop on ear wire, thread onto loop at top of section just made. Close the loop on ear wire making sure that it is secure. * Repeat with second earring.
6. Try on your new earrings and admire your handiwork. Enjoy!
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman at magpiecollectives.com