Spooky Black Cat Earrings – Natural Blue Tiger Eye & Sterling Silver
These could be made with stones of your choice to create many different looks.
Materials Needed for Earrings:
- 10mm Blue Tiger Eye (2)
- 8mm Blue Tiger Eye (2)
- 3mm Chinese Crystal – Black (26) or Option 2mm Black Spinel Faceted Round (26)
- 3” Long 24g Sterling Silver Headpins (2)
- Amoracast – Cat Ear Caps, Sterling Silver (2)
- Flat Ear Wires w/Coil, Sterling Silver (1Pair)
Finished Length: Approx. 1” Drop
Key Code for Beads:
A = 10mm Blue Tiger Eye B = 8mm Natural Blue Tiger Eye C = 2mm Spinel or 3mm Chinese Crystal D = Amoracast – Cat Ear Caps
1. These earrings only have one wire wrapped loop on each so this is a quick project. Look through the tiger eye beads to pick out your favorites before starting construction (you will need two 10mm and two 8mm beads for the earrings).
2. Take head pin and threading sequence is as follows: C (13) then take a moment to create curve in the cat’s tail before threading the rest of beads. I made a slight bend after the 7th bead (using my fingers),
but you can create the bend in the place of your choosing. * You can also shorten or lengthen tail if that works better for you. You will create one more curve in your wire after the 13th bead, as this will be where tail curves away from the body. Threading sequence continues with A (1), B (1), D (1).
3. Using your needle nose and round nose pliers create a small loop and then wrap wire down to the cat ear bead cap. Trim wire closely and tamp in ends if needed. * Repeat for second earring.
4. Push up coil on ear wire then using flat nose and needle nose pliers carefully undo loop and thread on the cat dangle just formed. Close so there are no gaps, then slide coil back in place.
* Repeat with second earring.
5. Now it is time to try on your earrings and to admire your handiwork.
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman