“X O” Necklace
- “X” 9mm Cube Gold Plated (1)
- “O” 9mm Cube Gold Plated (1)
- 1.25mm Gold Plated Beading Chain (16”) * Or whatever length you wish to make necklace
- 1mm Crimp Ends Gold Plated (2)
- 12x7mm Gold Plated Lobster Claw Clasp (1)
- Small Oval Jump Ring Gold Plated (2)
- Medium Oval Jump Ring Gold Plated (1) * For fastening clasp into
- Super New Glue
Finished Approx. 16” * Size can be easily altered for a custom fit.
Knot Cutter (for cutting chain)
Instructions on Construction:
1. Cut chain to desired length, thread the “X” and “O” cubes onto the chain.
2. Add a small amount of glue onto surface of crimp, lay the end of chain in the glue making sure that the chain lines up nicely in the crimp with no raw edges sticking out. When the glue has set up and it is holding the chain in place, carefully fold the two sides of the crimp over the top of the chain. You do this one side at a time, with the needle nose or flat nose plier. The finished result has the chain sandwiched inside the crimp which makes for a tidy finish.
* Repeat with chain at opposite end of necklace.
3. Now it is time to attach the clasp. If you are right hand dominant you will attach the lobster claw clasp to the side of necklace with the “X”. Open a small oval jump ring, using flat and needle nose pliers, thread on lobster claw clasp and the loop at end of crimp, close carefully making sure that the two sides of jump ring come together neatly.
4. Attach small jump ring to loop on crimp at other end of necklace, then attach a medium size oval jump ring into the small one, this will be where the lobster claw will fasten.
* Option: You could attach a short extension chain to the small oval instead of using the second jump ring and this will allow you alter the length of the necklace.
5. You are now ready to try on necklace & to admire your handiwork.
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman