“Christmas Seed Bead” Mask Holder
This colorful mask holder is a great way to keep track of your mask, no more searching your purse or pockets when you need to pull on your face mask. We have several different beaded versions so check them out & find one that appeals to you and make them for yourself, family & friends.
- Christmas Seed Beads (1 strand will make two beaded chains) * Can also use without the addition of size 11 seed beads.
- Optional Size 11 Seed Beads of your choosing
- Lobster Claw Clasps, Antique Brass 15 x 9mm (2)
- Soft Flex Beading Wire – Medium (Approx. 2’)
- Gold Fill 2 x 2mm Crimps (2)
- Optional Crimp Covers – 4mm 14k Gold Filled or 4mm Gold Plated (2) * The mix of metals works with these beads
Finished Length 20”
Optional Needle Nose Pliers (if using crimp covers)
Instructions on Construction:
Beading Key: Seed Bead – SB, Christmas Seed Beads - CSB1.
1. Cut a 24” length of beading wire, thread on crimp tube & attach to loop on lobster claw clasp. I used the two-part folded crimp method, but you could do a flat crimp & crimp cover, if this is your preference.
***Please note whichever way you choose to crimp, keep your wires parallel when crimping, this makes for a more secure attachment & it’s also wise to give a test pull on your wire to make sure you have closed down hard enough on the crimp :)
2. This beaded chain has the mix of the beads listed above, but if you prefer you could just string the Christmas Seed beads to give a beaded length of 18 ½” for this beaded mask holder. The finished length is approx. 20” when the two clasps are attached.
3. If you wish to follow this layout it is as follows: 11 sb, 2” section of CSB, 7 sb, 2 ½” CSB, 8 sb, 2” CSB, 8 sb, 1 ¼” CSB, 7 sb, 4” CSB, 7 sb, 1” CSB, 8 sb, 2” CSB, 5 sb, 1” CSB, 9 sb.
4. Add your crimp tube & thread the beading wire through your clasp & back through the crimp tube.
5. At this stage lay your beaded chain on your worktop in a circle & make sure you leave enough slack in the wire so that your beads have enough room to sit nicely. It is important to leave this slack because if you crimp your wire too tightly the chain will be rigid with no flow & there is a strong chance that the beading wire may break!
6. You are now ready to crimp your mask holder using crimping tool, add crimp covers if you choose to & to admire your handiwork.
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman at magpiecollectives.com