“Trio of Pyrite Dangles” Necklace
“Trio of Pyrite Dangles” Necklace : Fall Color Gemstone & Chain Collection
Skill Level: Wire Wrapping
Finished Length 27”
A fun necklace that looks good layered or worn solo. It has three wire wrapped puffy pyrite rectangles and a cool chain.
- 8x10mm Pyrite, Puffy Rectangle (3)
- 5.8x2.5mm Alternating Disc Chain, Antique Silver (Approx. 24-26”)
- 2” Long 20g Ball End Headpins, Silver Plated (3)
- 4mm Round 18g Jump Rings, Antique Silver (5)
- 6mm Ball and Socket Clasp, Antique Silver (1)
Needle Nose Pliers (also known as chain nose)
There are three wire wrapped dangles at the center of this necklace. We will start by completing these dangles and then construct the necklace by connecting with jump rings into the chain.
* Before starting the first wire wrap you need to decide on the size of the loops that you will be making, then using a sharpie put a line across both jaws of your round nose pliers, this gives you a template to line up against each time you form a loop. I made a line approx. 1/4” from the end of pliers for my loops in this project.
Instructions on Construction of Wire Wrapped Dangles
1. Take a 2” head pin and thread one pyrite bead, using the tip of needle nose pliers make a 90-degree angle, then use round nose pliers to form loop (at the line you have marked as template). Cover loop with your needle nose pliers and use your round nose pliers to wrap short wire around the long wire until you reach the bead, trim, and tuck in ends using needle nose pliers. * Make three of these dangles.
1. Cut chain to desired length, attach clasp to either end with jump rings.
2. Find middle point of necklace and attach the central dangle with jump ring, attach a dangle at one inch out on either side.
3. Try on your new necklace and admire your handiwork! Enjoy!
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman
Dancing Gemstone BraceletDancing Gemstone BraceletMaterials: Natural 1.5mm leather (3 feet) Large hole gemstones - we used …2nd Mar 2023
Double Wrap Ombre Gemstone BraceletDouble Wrap Ombre Gemstone BraceletFinished Length 12-15”+ depending on preference Can be worn …22nd Feb 2023
How to Make an Authentic MalaHow to Make an Authentic MalaVideo Tutorial HereBeads have a place in many cultures, from the …21st Feb 2023