“Boho Gypsy Earrings”
“Boho Gypsy Earrings”
These earrings look great with the layered fall necklaces in this collection, the colors are warm and reminiscent of fall leaves.
Skill Level: Wire Wrapping
Finished Length 2 ½” Drop
- 6-9mm Orange Agate Nugget (2)
- 10-12mm Natural Carnelian Polished, Slab (2)
- 10x14mm Tiger Eye, Puffy Oval (2)
- 3x6mm Tiger Eye, Wheel (2)
- 4.5mm Flat O Link Chain, Antique Brass (Approx. 9”)
- 3” 21g Headpins, Brass Plated (4)
- 4mm Round 18g Jump Rings, Antique Brass (6)
- Ear Wires of your choice (1 Pair)
Needle Nose Pliers (also known as chain nose)
A = 10 x 14mm Tiger Eye, Puffy Oval
B = 10 3 x 6mm Tiger Eye, Wheel
C = 6-9mm Orange Agate Nugget
D = 10-12mm Natural Carnelian Polished, Slab
Instructions on Construction:
1. Cut a length of chain with eleven links of links. * Repeat for second earring.
2. Trim the flat plate from end of headpin then using a needle nose pliers make first 90-degree angle approx. 1.25” from end of wire, use round nose pliers to form loop. Thread the wire wrapped loop into loop at end of chain. Cover wire wrapped loop with your needle nose pliers and use your round nose pliers to wrap short wire around the long wire once, do not trim wire.
3. Thread A (1) onto long wire, then use your needle nose pliers to form a 90-degree angle. Make loop and thread into loop on the second side of chain, wrap wire one full turn around the central core wire.
4. Continue alternating sides, wrapping the wire one half turn at a time, until you have reached the bead on both sides, trim, and tuck in ends using needle nose pliers. * Repeat for second earring.
5. Take headpin and thread C (1), D (1), B (1), then use your needle nose pliers to form a 90-degree angle. Make loop and wrap wire until you reach the last stone. * Repeat for second earring.
6. Using flat nose and needle nose pliers undo jump ring and attach to top loop of dangle.
7. Attach second jump ring to first, then use a third jump ring to connect to the central O link in the chain. * Repeat for second earring.
8. Carefully thread ear wire into top of central link in chain. * Repeat with second earring.
9. Now it is time to try on your earrings and to admire your handiwork.
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman
Dancing Gemstone BraceletDancing Gemstone BraceletMaterials: Natural 1.5mm leather (3 feet) Large hole gemstones - we used …2nd Mar 2023
Double Wrap Ombre Gemstone BraceletDouble Wrap Ombre Gemstone BraceletFinished Length 12-15”+ depending on preference Can be worn …22nd Feb 2023
How to Make an Authentic MalaHow to Make an Authentic MalaVideo Tutorial HereBeads have a place in many cultures, from the …21st Feb 2023