Pearl Chain Choker Necklace
- Freshwater Pearls A Grade 3-5mm Rice (2 strands)
- Soft Touch - Fine (2 strands approximately 24" each)
- Gold Filled 2x2 Crimps (2)
- 18K Gold Plated 3mm Crimp Cover (2)
- 18K Gold Plated 3mm Round Anti Tarnish Beads (22)
- Gold Plated 12mm Toggle (1)
- Gold Plated 3mm 22 Gauge Jump Rings (3)
- Gold Plated 6mm 18 Gauge Jump Ring (1)
Finished Length 15.5”
Instructions on Construction:
1. Cut two 24” section of soft touch using your soft flex cutter, with both strands - thread on crimp tube, loop through the 3mm jump ring & then back through crimp tube. I used the two-part folded crimp method with this design, cut excess soft touch. Then the crimp with the 3mm crimp cover. Gently close crimp cover with your needle nose pliers.
***Please note whichever way you choose to crimp, keep your wires parallel when crimping, this makes for a more secure attachment & it’s also wise to give a test pull on your wire to make sure you have secured the crimp :)
2. Thread on 3 rice pearls on strand one and then 3 rice pearls on strand two.
3. Thread on one 3mm gold plated bead with strand one, then through the opposite hole thread strand two (where strand one is exiting), it will create an X where the gold bead connects.
4. Continue the pattern of 3 pearls on strand one and 3 pearls on strand two with one gold bead threaded in an x to connect. Continue until you have 23 pearl links (you can continue but will need another strand of pearls).
5. Add your crimp tube to both soft touch strands & thread the beading wire through the other 3mm jump ring and back through the crimp.
6. At this stage lay the necklace on your worktop in a circle & make sure you leave enough slack in the wire so that your beads have enough room to sit nicely. It is important to leave this slack because if you crimp your wire too tightly the necklace will be rigid with no flow & there is a strong chance that the beading wire may break!
7. Close the crimp using the two-part folded method, cut excess soft touch, and add crimp cover.
8. Open one of the jump rings a the end of the necklace (doesn't matter which one) and attach one more 3mm jump ring. Thread the toggle bar onto the open jump ring, then close the jump ring.
9. At the opposite end of the necklace, attach the 6mm jump ring to the 3mm jump ring then thread on the toggle eye. Close 6mm jump ring.
10. Done! :)
Jewelry designed by Kiara Rimsza