Aqua Wire Wrap Hoop Earrings
These fun, light and super simple earrings make for the perfect summer accessory! Mix and Match materials and metal colors to create your perfect aesthetic.
- 18K Gold Plated 50mm Hoops (2)
- Aqua Zircon 3mm Faceted Round (60)
- 26 Gauge Gold Plated Craft Wire (Approx. 2 feet)
- 18K Gold Plated Stainless Steel Ear Wires (1 Pair) or gold plated ear wires of your choice
- Gold Plated 3mm 22 Gauge Jump Rings (2)
Drop Length approx. 3”
Instructions on Construction:
1. Take a small section of the end of your wire and wrap it around the hoop.
2. Keep wrapping around, you can use your chain nose pliers to do this if it is easier for you.
3. Wrap around about 6 times and cut the excess wire off.
4. Gently, push in the sharp end of the wire and make sure all the loops are snug next to each other and tight around the hoop.
5. Thread on your first zircon bead (or bead of your choice)
6. Make a slight bend in the wire a millimeter or two above the wrap. This will prevent the bead's hole from pointing outwards and help the bead to sit on it's side.
7. Holding the bead firmly, take the wire through the hoop (underhand).
8. Continue the wire wrap.
9. Loop one more time around.
10. There should now be one full wrap around and a second about to be fully wrapped (see picture).
11. Repeat step 6 while holding everything firmly.
12. Repeat step 7.
13. Repeat step 8.
14. Repeat step 9.
15. Repeat step 10.
16. Gently secure the wire along the loops and where you see fit. keep doing this every couple of beads to keep the pattern from getting wonky.
17. Continue the previous steps until you have reached the opposite end of where you started your wire wrap.
18. Tightly start wrapping the wire around the hoop
19. Continue to wrap 6 times and cut off the excess wire.
20. Gently, push in the sharp end of the wire and make sure all the loops are snug next to each other and tight around the hoop.
21. Have a look at your line of beads and with gentle pressure, push any beads that are not in line back in place.
22. With your pliers, attach the finished hoop to the ear wire with your jump ring.
Jewelry designed by Kiara Rimsza