Earth, Moon & Stars Earrings
- 11 x 12mm White Seashell - Crescent Moon (2)
- 8 x 10mm Mother of Pearl - Donut (2)
- 10mm Mother of Pearl – Flat Star (2)
- 2mm Rd Sterling Silver Beads (6)
- Sterling Silver Flat Ear Wires w/Bead & Coil or our Sterling Silver Flat Ear Wires With Coil (1 Pair)
- 3” Long 22g Headpins Sterling Silver (6)
Finished Length 2 1/2” (approx. 2” Drop)
Instructions on Construction:
1. Using 22g headpin add 1 x Mother of Pearl Star, 1 x 2mm silver bead then make a small wire wrapped loop using needle nose & round nose pliers.
* Remember to mark on round nose pliers (with sharpie) the point where you are wrapping your loop, then use the same position each time so that all loops are the same size).
2. Take a headpin & remove the head using your wire cutters, make a wire wrapped loop, the same size as the first (connect to first loop before wrapping the coils), add 1 x Mother of Pearl Donut with 1 x 2mm silver bead in the middle of donut (it is a little tricky to get the silver bead on to the wire, if you leave them both flat on the bead mat and look down from above you can tell when the opening in the silver bead lines up), then finish this section with another wire wrapped loop.
3. Repeat section 2, with the addition of the crescent moon instead of the donut.
4. You now have three wire wrapped sections ready to be attached to the ear wire.
5. The ear wires have an attachment ring below the bead that can be carefully opened to enable you to thread your wire wrapped segment onto. Use a flat nosed & needle nosed plier to open this ring, (remembering to open to the side, only just as much as needed to allow you to thread your segment) & then carefully close.
6. Repeat for second earring.
7. Now it’s time to put the earrings on & admire your handiwork…. They are so light & fun to wear & look very cool!
Designed By Steph Stirniman
Check out how to make our Triple Triangle Earrings