“Elegant Spinel & Seed Bead” Mask Holder
This is a stylish way to keep track of your mask, no more searching your purse or pockets when you need to pull on your face mask. We have several different beaded versions so check them out & find one that appeals to you and make them for yourself, family & friends.
- 4mm Faceted Coin Spinel (49)
- Size 11 Seed Beads – Mix of white, black, grey, and clear (approx. 1/5 tube)
- TierraCast 5mm Faceted Hex Silver Plated Beads (10)
- 3mm Round Sterling Silver Beads (8)
- Lobster Claw Clasps, Gunmetal 15 x 9mm (2)
- Soft Flex Beading Wire – Medium (Approx. 2’)
- 2 x 2mm Sterling Silver Crimps (2)
- Crimp Covers – 3mm Sterling Silver (2)
Finished Length 20”
Instructions on Construction:
Layout key: Spinel – Spin, Seed Beads – SB, TC 5mm Hex – Hex, 3mm Sterling Silver Beads - SS
1. Cut a 24” length of beading wire, thread on crimp tube & attach through loop on lobster claw clasp and back through crimp tube. Close crimp with the two-part folded crimp method and then close a crimp cover over crimp with your needle nose pliers *Please keep your wires parallel when crimping as this makes for a more secure attachment & it’s also wise to give a test pull on your wire to make sure you have closed down hard enough on the crimp :)
2. This beaded chain has the mix of the beads listed above to give a beaded length of 18 ½”. Stringing sequence as follows: 1 Hex, 7 SB, 3 Spin, 1 SS, 5 SB, 4 Spin, 1 SS, 1 Spin, 7 SB, 1 Spin, 3 SB, 1 Hex, 9 SB, 1 Spin, 5 SB, 1 SS, 2 Hex, 5 SB, 3 Spin, 9 SB, 1 SS, 1 Spin, 1 SS, 9 SB, 2 Spin, 1 Hex, 1 Spin, 3 SS, 7 SB, 5 Spin, 1 SS, 1 Spin, 6 SB, 1 Spin, (Mid- Point 1 Spin), Second side is a mirror image of first side.
3. Add your crimp tube and thread the beading wire through your clasp and back through the crimp.
4. At this stage lay your beaded chain on your worktop in a circle & make sure you leave enough slack in the wire so that your beads have enough room to sit nicely. It is important to leave this slack because if you crimp your wire too tightly the chain will be rigid with no flow & there is a strong chance that the beading wire may break!
5. You are now ready to crimp your mask holder using crimping tool then add crimp cover and now it is time to admire your handiwork.
Jewelry designed by Steph Stirniman at magpiecollectives.com